A whole food product for your dog. Made with 100% natural Slippery Elm Bark. Lubricating and coating the protective layers of the bowel, it acts as the first defence against inflammation by keeping foods, grass, or things your pet shouldn’t be eating, from causing further irritation.
Think of slippery elm as a bowel lozenge if you will. A lozenge coats the sore throat, lubricating it so it’s easier to swallow food and liquids. Slippery Elm does this for your dog’s bowels. Inflammation is reduced, and the not-so-pleasant symptoms of GI upset are eased. To treat sudden cases of diarrhea, you can also fast your dog, feed bland food and give probiotics along with slippery elm to ease symptoms.
Slippery Elm Bark has a long history of use in Chinese, Ayurvedic, Western, and North American First Nations medical traditions. Native American herbalists have used Slippery Elm Bark for centuries as a healing ointment to relieve stomach upset due to its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties.
- When introducing any new item to your dog's diet, do so gradually.
- 1/4 tsp per 10 lbs - once to twice a day
- Mix into a paste with water or plain yogurt and then add to food
- Store in a cool dry place away from humidity, heat, and direct light.
- Not to be used in pregnant dogs.
- If your dog's condition worsens or does not improve, stop and call your veterinarian.
- Do not use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia.
- The absorption of drugs taken simultaneously may be delayed.
- Do not use in animals receiving other drugs, unless directed by a veterinarian
Ingredients: organic slippery elm bark
Monday Delivery - (Order deadline Thursday by 5pm): London, Woodstock, Ingersol
Tuesday Delivery - (Order deadline Sunday @ 10pm): Milton, Acton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, West Etobicoke
Wednesday Delivery - (Order deadline Monday @ noon): East Markham, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Toronto, East Etobicoke
Thursday Delivery - (Order deadline Tuesday @ noon): Brampton, Georgetown, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Markham (West), King City, Aurora, Stouffville, Newmarket, Keswick, Bradford, Innisville, Barrie
Friday Delivery - (Order deadline Tuesday @ noon): Niagara Region, Beamsville, Grimsby, Stoney Creek, Hamilton, Waterdown, Guelph, Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Elmira, Brantford, Paris
Contact us to see if we deliery to your area and to confirm your delivery day.
Or use our Store Locator to find a retailer near you